25.1.16

Yako 'Curl Defining Creme' & 'Smoothing Oil-In Cream' Product Review


  
Last month I collaborated with Yako Beauty (meaning ‘Your Beauty’ In Swahili) a new UK natural hair brand creating products infused in antioxidants, vitamins and oils. I did a video product review and tutorial (below) but have written more in depth review of both of the products so you have a better idea!

I was happy to hear that the products are all free from sulphates, alcohol, silicone's and parabens. The brand has just two products at the moment but I have no doubt that a whole line will be introduced soon.



Let’s Curl Up Defining Crème (with Avocado Oil)

This is the product that I used in the tutorial below. It is a curl definer but feels nothing like a gel or mousse it actually feels and looks just like a conditioner. This product can be used alone for a wash and go and gave me great results or you can use the moisturiser and then the curl up creme (Using both gave me some product build up so I prefer using one without the other).

After applying to my hair with my fingers in sections I let my hair air dry and was left with surprisingly really soft and bouncy curls! No stiffness at all. This is due to its amazing ingredients like Avocado oil which is great for moisture.


Smoothing Oil-In Cream (Macadamia Oil)

Amazing moisturiser but not for styling at all as It gave me no definition. The product is infused with so many great ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, macadamia oil (hence the name 'Oil-In') and more to give your hair the revamp it needs. 

This is a perfect product for you if you need a daily moisturiser and can also be used to tame any flyaways or create a style like a bun. Great for me when my ends are feeling dry, apply to them at night and wake up with soft and hydrated hair. 

Conclusion

 The packaging is really classy and I love the artwork on the bottle. Both products smell really sweet and have a great texture that my hair likes. I also like that on the Yako website they have a full list of ingredients used (Easy to read) http://www.yakobeauty.com/pages/ingredients-used

Each product is £19.99 which is quite expensive unfortunately but is also full of great goodness so again you pay for what you get which is the case with a lot of natural products.

You can see below the great results I got from the curl up cream that is my favourite from the line!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig