9.7.15

My Curly Hair Summer Essentials! Hair Products & Accessories



Summer has arrived here in the UK! With the temperature reaching up to 30 degrees it definitely is time to switch up your hair routine and products. I have put together a list of my favourites for summer and reasons why!



Hair Products

Shea Butter (100% Natural):

This is the perfect multi-purpose product for summer! Whilst in Miami on holiday last month I used a whipped Shea butter as my daily moisturiser. It gives a great glow to the skin along with natural sun protecting properties! 

With the weather drying out my curls I also would add some Shea butter to my ends on top of a leave-in conditioner to lock in all of that moisture! 

You can buy raw Shea butter in containers from Amazon, local Afro hair shops OR make your own!

Tutorial:

Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-In:

I'm sure you have heard me rant enough about this product! But it is so great for adding light moisture to your curls! You don't want heavy conditioners in the summer as they are likely to melt down your neck and edges if you wear your hair down. This leave-in is light enough to apply everyday keeping your hair healthy whilst on holiday or in any heat.


Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Conditioner:

My new favourite conditioner! It leaves your hair smelling so sweet which is great for summer events. I also use it as a co wash due to its light texture and packaging, it comes with a pump bottle which is great for co washing in the shower in between wash days.


Aloe Vera Juice:

All hail the Aloe plant!! Aloe Vera is an ingredient you will notice in a lot of your natural hair products. Its a great moisturiser and alternative gel! I love to use this in the summer to keep my hair hydrated, I mix it in a spray bottle and spritz my hair when it needs a boost. It also has a fresh smell and is great for low porosity hair.

Holland and Barrett: http://fave.co/1erjpVS

Hydratherma Naturals Aloe Curl Enhancing Twisting Cream:

My new favourite styling cream! Slowly taking the place of SheMoisture's Curl Enhancing Cream! This cream like gel is so great for twist outs and braid outs giving amazing definition with great moisture. It doesn't leave residue on the hair and is really light and moisturising. I love that Aloe Vera is the main ingredient also! I love wearing twist-outs and braid-outs in the summer as it protects the hair and gives your curls a new texture.

Deva Curl No Poo:

All time fav! The best co wash around! This is amazing for your hair if you are on holiday (Buy the travel set!). It helped to keep my scalp refreshed whilst on holiday, the heat can make your hair products sweat out and hair itch so I would co wash my hair (focusing on the scalp) everyday or other day in the shower. The smell is so refreshing! If you love lavender and the smell of washing powders you will love this scent. Co washes do not lather so it can be confusing for people to use as cleansers however the No Poo has such a refreshing smell and feel to it you can actually tell that your scalp is cleansed. For this reason it is a summer must have especially if you are travelling to a hot country.

'No Poo' Amazon: http://amzn.to/1D2GJPP
'Travel Kit' Amazon: http://amzn.to/1Cr3GSb

Hair Tools

Mixed Chicks Hairbands:

These hairbands are becoming popular due to the fact that finally you can hide that you have a scrunchie or hairband in your hair! It is the worst when the only hairbands you have are every colour BUT black/brown meaning they stick out like a sore thumb lol. This new wave of hairbands sink into the hair and are a clear colour so much harder to detect. Perfect for any up dos you have planned for summer events.



O So Curly Spray Bottle:

I am loving this spray bottle from O So Curly! It lays flat when empty so makes it so easy to pop into your suitcase or carry on for holidays. They come in cute colours and are great for when my hair needs a boost of moisture. I usually fill my spray bottle with Aloe Vera juice or a mixture of conditioner and water.



What are your favourite summer essentials for your hair?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig