5.8.14

Curlformers Product Review


Curlformers were kind enough to send me a pack of 24 long wide Barrel curls Curlformers which also comes with two rods. They kindly gave me two softhoods so that I could give one away to one my lovely followers!


Softhoods attach to your hairdryer and are great for setting the Curlformers, perm rods, rollers and even great for when you are deep conditioning your hair.

Stay tuned to my social networks to find out how to win and read my full review and gorgeous results inside…
So lets start with the negatives I found when using the Curlformers.
  • They are very uncomfortable to sleep in! I just couldn't find a good position to lay in and tried to be careful all night to not squash the curls. Next time I defiantly will start my Curlformers earlier and leave them in for a few hours and then dry using the softhood with a cool heat setting on my blow dryer.
  • The barrel curl set of Curlformers (Dark pink and Yellow) only come in a styling pack of 24 and with my hair being so thick 24 only did one half of my hair. For next time I will have to buy two styling packs. The other styles of Curlformers eg) (Orange and Light Pink) come in a pack of 40 which is perfect if you have hair like mine or thicker.
  • My back did hurt after spending an hour and a half installing the Curlformers (I used perm rods on the other half of my hair) but the Curlformers are very easy to install once you get the hang of it, plus it takes time to get great results on natural hair (We all know this!)
  • They are quite expensive but are worth the results and are a one off buy, you can wash them and re-use them over and over again! 
With the negatives out of the way I can now express how much I love this invention! With me wanting to embrace my natural hair and use no heat you can get stuck for styling options but this tool gives you the freedom to change your curl pattern with no damage whatsoever! 

Applying the formers I found fairly simple as I had watched so many tutorials of other people applying them before trying myself. 
*TIP* Try to use smaller sections as if your section is too thick it may not pass through the whole Curlformer rod.

Curlformers - Rod
To prep my hair for the Curlformers I washed and did a Protein treatment using 'Palmers Coconut Oil Protein Pack'. After my wash routine I moisturised using Coconut oil and dried my hair with a T-shirt.

On slightly damp hair (You can also apply on wet or dry hair) I installed the Curlformers on each section and applied some SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and then a pump of the ORS Olive Oil Set Mouse before using the rod to push the Curlformer around the hair.
ORS Olive Oil Mouse
Once my hair was finished I wrapped a satin scarf around it and slept overnight with them in.
The next morning I applied Coconut oil to my palms and simply slid each Curlformer out really easily and was left with these beautiful waves!
Curly Hair after Curlformers
I love the results so much, my hair is so smooth and the curls look as if I had used a curling iron

Curlformer results on naturally curly hair
Overall I recommend Curlformers as a great styling tool and also great for any special occasions/weddings you have planned.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig